Thursday, November 4, 2010

Why I'm Here

Its 10:32pm in Sydney on November 4th, 2010. I've been playing with the idea of starting a blog since about April so I guess sneaking out of bed tonight to start was a long time coming. I've always enjoyed writing but it always seemed a private thing to me, so this blog is going to be my first time sharing my writing with anybody (excluding my previous English teachers and Simon, who I wrote a story for earlier this year). The reason its taken me so long to get this blog up and running is that I couldn't think of anything particularly interesting to write about... Well, I spent the majority of my summer in Europe with my best friend, got engaged in Paris to an Australian I'd spent a grand total of 3 weeks face-to-face with prior to the proposal, and picked up and moved to Sydney for about 9 months. If I don't have anything to write about now, I don't deserve a pen for the rest of my life.

I'm going to start with my love story. I'm not sure how long its going to be so I'm going to write it in chapters. If you can't handle the suspense, visit my wedding website (www.mywedding.com/simonlovesholly) for a synopsis.

1 comment: