Friday, November 5, 2010

My Love Story, Chapter five

I returned to Chicago one week after Simon proposed. When I got there, I had two weeks to spend with my friends and family before I took off for Sydney. It was really hard to say goodbye, especially because I was still catching up with them after two months away in Europe.

I've been living with Simon for almost five months now. We're incredibly happy and he makes me feel like I can do things I never thought I could, like share my writing with other people. We have the same quirks as other couples-- I take up the entire bed, Simon chuckles in his sleep. I beg Simon to come home from work early to hang out with me, he sends me text messages saying he misses me when we've only been away from each other for an hour. I make him watch True Blood, he's got me watching How I Met Your Mother. I pack him lunches in the morning, he helps me with my homework. We're getting married in June, after we move back to Chicago. Its going to be a small wedding in a garden and I cannot wait to marry the love of my life and be with him forever. We're very lucky; even though we've been through a lot of hard times to get to where we are and I'm sure there will be more obstacles in the future, I don't think everybody experiences love like we have and we're very thankful to have found each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment