Friday, November 5, 2010

My Love Story, Chapter three

Somehow, we survived the month apart. With lots of skype, mailed gifts and emails, we came through unscathed and Simon came back to me; this time I had him for two weeks! He had work training in Fort Myers in April, so I met him there for the weekend and he came to Chicago after training. Since I had the chance to plan this time, I was able to take him to his first Cubs game, first college town, the Sears Tower, even his first time at the Cheesecake Factory. These two weeks were even better than last time, but once they were over.. Simon was going to be away for even longer.

We planned that I would visit for a month in July, he would come back for some time in October, I'd go back to him in December, and we'd figure it out from there. But it wasn't enough; that meant a lot more time apart than we'd have together. We tried to figure out a better plan, but it seemed impossible. Simon had a yearlong work contract and I had a scholarship to fulfill; there was no way for either of us to move to be with each other. Until Simon took a better look at my scholarship. Within one year of graduation, I had to begin teaching special education in the state of Illinois and complete two years of teaching within five years of graduation. Well, that gave me a year.

So I broke the news to my family, and lets not begin to pretend that was easy. Nobody was happy with me; I was single-handedly responsible for breaking my family's hearts. So did I stay? I couldn't. I could not wait a year to be with the love of my life full time. So I made the decision, I was going move to Sydney until Simon's work contract was up. But I was scheduled to leave for two month Europe trip before then. If we could make it through that.. we'd be set.

No comments:

Post a Comment